Welcome to Willow Class – the home of our Year 5 and 6! We love to learn and have been developing our skills as independent learners. There’s nothing too big or small that we can’t tackle and we’re never afraid to enter… the learning pit.
Autumn term 1:
Our topic focus this term is: The Battle of Britain
We will be learning about how World War Two affected the people of Britain from Evacuation to The Blitz.
There is a lot to look forward to in Willow class this term including:
- Our very own Evacuation day
- A ‘make do and mend’ project
- Bikeability for Year 6
- European day of languages
- Life skills with the Citizen’s Advice Bureau
We will be building our skills for reading and writing, using many different books for inspiration and writing…
- An Evacuation information leaflet for children at the time
- Letters from home
- Diary writing
- A rationing leaflet and argument for or against reintroducing rationing.
Our Maths topic this term include:
- Place value
- Calculation (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
Our focus in Science this term is Light. We will look at how light travels, how we see light and conduct investigations into periscopes, rainbows and shadows.
PE is on a Wednesday afternoon. Please ensure your child has their PE kit, all labelled.
Homework goes out on a Friday and comes back in on a Thursday.
Here are some great books your child could read, based on our topic:
Our current class reading book is…