Welcome to Willow Class – the home of our Year 5 and 6! We love to learn and have been developing our skills as independent learners. There’s nothing too big or small that we can’t tackle and we’re never afraid to enter… the learning pit.
Spring term 1:
Our topic focus this term is: Explorers
Who were the first explorers?
We will be learning about explorers through time, from early explorers to Tudor explorers to modern day explorers. We will be looking at where they went and what they found!
There is a lot to look forward to in Willow class this term including:
- An overnight trip to Bristol
- Using green screen in computing
- Discovering the fascinating story of Shackleton
- Exploring properties of materials in Science
- Looking at many different explorers
- Exploring different printing techniques
We will be building our skills for reading and writing, using many different books for inspiration and writing…
- Creating an exciting information report about different explorers
- Utilising our research skills to create fact files
- Building our argument skills with a debate
- Adventure stories!
- A biography about Shackleton.
Our Maths topic this term include:
Our focus in Science this term is Properties of materials. We will be investigating dissolving, separating materials and reversible and irreversible changes.
PE is on a Wednesday afternoon. Please ensure your child has their PE kit, all labelled.
Homework goes out on a Friday and comes back in on a Thursday.
Here are some great books your child could read, based on our topic:
Our current class reading book continues to be…