Our school mission statement is Inspiring a Love of Learning for Life.
How we will achieve this through our values:
- We will have high expectations of our children and we will encourage them to develop a deep seated belief in their abilities
- We will prepare our children to be lifelong learners who are confident, independent and mentally strong
- We will care for, encourage and support our children in a warm, inclusive and vibrant environment where they are safe to make mistakes
- We will provide a rich and varied curriculum which will provide experiences that inspire, enthuse and motivate our children
- We will teach our children to be respectful, responsible, resilient and to embrace other people’s differences
- We will work closely within our local community to raise the aspirations of our children and the wider community to broaden our children’s understanding of the world and their place in it
Values: Respect, Diversity, Perseverance, Communication, Thinking, Collaboration, Caring
For more information about the detail about what we teach within our curriculum please see the links below:
Assembly themes for the whole school are learning behaviours, mental health and well-being, diversity, global sustainability and climate crisis. We approach these through music, art, stories (both fictional and real life) and drama.
Computing is taught using Somerset ELIM resources
Religious Education is taught through the Somerset Awareness, Mystery and Value syllabus